Last updated: 5 July 2019
Independents Together Ltd is a cooperative, incorporated as a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales, under number 12087690.
The purpose of the cooperative is to provide mutual support and assistance to its members - independent parliamentarians in their work in the UK Parliament.
Our cooperative is neither a political party nor a non-party campaigner, as such terms are used by the Electoral Commission in accordance with the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000 (PPERA).
Despite that, the cooperative wishes only to accept donations that would meet the legal requirements set out in PPERA. For these purposes, a donation means any of the following:
- any gift of money or other property
- any sponsorship provided in relation to the cooperative
- any subscription or other fee paid for affiliation to the cooperative
- any money spent (otherwise than by or on behalf of the cooperative) in paying any expenses incurred directly or indirectly by the cooperative
- the provision otherwise than on commercial terms of any property, services or facilities for the use or benefit of the cooperative (including the services of any person)
Equally, the cooperative will only accept donations that could be made to a party, namely from one of the following:
- an individual registered in an electoral register
- a company
- registered under the Companies Act 2006, and
- incorporated within the United Kingdom or another member State of the EU, which carries on business in the United Kingdom
- a registered party, other than a Gibraltar party whose entry in the register includes a statement that it intends to contest one or more elections to the European Parliament in the combined region
- a trade union entered in the list kept under the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992 or the Industrial Relations (Northern Ireland) Order 1992
- a building society (within the meaning of the Building Societies Act 1986)
- a limited liability partnership registered under the Limited Liability Partnerships Act 2000 which carries on business in the United Kingdom
- a friendly society registered under the Friendly Societies Act 1974, a registered society within the meaning of the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 or a society registered (or deemed to be registered) under] the Industrial and Provident Societies Act (Northern Ireland) 1969 and
- any unincorporated association of two or more persons which does not fall within any of the preceding paragraphs but which carries on business or other activities wholly or mainly in the United Kingdom and whose main office is there.
The cooperative will publish accounts regularly indicating the total of all donations received in excess of £500 and individual donations in excess of £7,500 (or such other sum as it would be required to publish were it a party controlled by PPERA).