Last updated: 5 July 2019
1. We are the Controller in respect of your personal data.
Our full name: Independents Together Ltd (which is a cooperative incorporated as a company limited by guarantee in England and Wales, providing various support services for a group of independent MPs and peers, each of whom may be a data controller in their own right)
Our contact details: 1 Mill Yard, Guildford Street, Luton, United Kingdom, LU1 2NR
2. The personal data that we collect is as follows:
2.1 When you contact us online, by phone, by post, in person or by other means, we may collect, store and use your personal data. This data includes:
2.1.1 Name, address, phone number, email address, other contact details;
2.1.2 Bank account/credit card details;
2.1.3 Photographs and other proof of identity
2.1.4 Personal data that you share when you contact us by letter, email, phone or other means
2.2 We may also collect details of your political views. You are not required to provide those views to us, but if you do so, we will hold them on the basis that you have willingly done so and consented to us holding them.
3. We are collecting your personal data for the following purpose(s):
3.1 To contact you
3.2 To register your support for the aims of the Controller
3.3 To accept donations from you and to confirm that we are entitled to do so
3.4 To share updates with you
3.5 To invite you to events
3.6 To share with your MP, with prospective MPs and/or with other MPs
4. The legal basis for processing your personal data:
4.1 Where we have your consent to do so
4.2 Where we need the personal data or the performance of a contract – if you buy any goods or services from us
4.3 Where necessary to fulfil a legal obligation – such as, if you wish to make a donation that is in excess of £500, we may need to be satisfied that we are entitled to accept that from you
4.4 Where the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests
5. If we are relying on our legitimate interests, the legitimate interests being pursued include knowing who the supporters are of independent MPs, their constituencies, their interests, their views, and their willingness to engage in political activities and related matters.
6. The recipients or categories of recipients of your personal data are:
6.1 MPs, people working or volunteering in MPs' offices in Parliament and in their constituencies
6.2 House of Commons and House of Lords administration
6.3 Organisations holding events at the House of Commons or House of Lords which you are attending
6.4 Providers of services to us who need to know your details in connection with those services
6.5 Organisations that take over any of the activities of the Controller
6.6 We may also share your data when there is a legal requirement to do so, for example with the Police or similar organisations for security purposes.
7. We do not propose to transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area, but if we do, we will do so in accordance with any appropriate controls that we will ensure are in place before we do so.
8. The personal data will be stored for 3 full calendar years after you last have contact with us.
9. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or to restriction of processing concerning you or to object to our processing of the data as well as the right to data portability.
10. If we are relying on your consent to process data, you may withdraw your consent at any time by notice to us.
11. You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office (Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF) about the manner in which or otherwise in respect of the manner in which we process your personal data.
12. Your provision of personal data to us is not a contractual or legal requirement. If you do not supply your personal data to us, we may not be able to engage with you or provide information or services to you.
13. We may use profiling to seek to ascertain what policies and general political themes supporters of independent MPs support.
14. Cookies policy